Volunteer and Events Support Internship
November 30, 2011 9:37 pm
FINNEGANS is currently looking for Volunteer & Events Support Internship candidates to support the management of TeamFINNEGANS, the official volunteer program of FINNEGANS. TeamFINNEGANS connects individuals to fun social opportunities to volunteer at a variety of events, ranging from pouring beer to helping to package food through Emergency Foodshelf Network. This is a 6 month […]
FINNEGANS is currently looking for Volunteer & Events Support Internship candidates to support the management of TeamFINNEGANS, the official volunteer program of FINNEGANS. TeamFINNEGANS connects individuals to fun social opportunities to volunteer at a variety of events, ranging from pouring beer to helping to package food through Emergency Foodshelf Network.
This is a 6 month long internship, with the possibility of extension and increased responsibilities. As an intern you will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to increase volunteer engagement, communications and day of event coordination, all the while having fun and creating a stronger healthier community! This is a great opportunity to gain event support, management, and communication experience while making contacts within the business and non-profit community. We are looking for people who like to lead, are able to engage others in conversation and create a fun environment for volunteers.
ADDITIONAL COMPANY INFORMATION: FINNEGANS has been built on the foundation of good beer, good people, and good deeds. You will receive excellent real-world experience in a specialized industry with the opportunity to meet and be mentored by some of the brightest, most passionate and accomplished professionals in the Twin Cities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Events/Marketing and Volunteer Coordinator, Volunteer & Event Support Interns will gain experience through the following possible internship duties:
– Assist in On-going communications with prospective and current TeamFINNEGANS volunteers. Develop communications strategies and systems.
– Maintain events and communications calendars
– Volunteer event planning, logistics planning and event execution.
– Assist in preparing marketing material for various events and promotions
– Research and development of new systems and operational procedures
– Development and assist in implementation of volunteer recruiting and retention strategies
– Assist in ensuring the TeamFINNEGANS brand image and messaging are consistent and maintained in all materials and across all channels.
– Provide leadership and support on-site at events as needed
This is an unpaid internship – we here at FINNEGANS believe that it takes a community to create and maintain healthy communities and healthy communities don’t leave folks behind. Estimated commitment is 10 hours/week. Most, if not all, of the duties of this internship can be completed remotely on the intern’s own time and schedule. TeamFINNEGANS will provide references and recommendations upon successful completion of the internship.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with an innovative organization that supports an important cause and to INVEST IN YOURSELF.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
The internship will require you to become familiar with FINNEGANS socially conscious mission and to use your professional and social skills to increase awareness of the company, our mission, and our unique brand in the nonprofit community.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications to be asked back for an interview:
– Be of legal drinking age, 21 years or older
– Have motivation to take initiative and gain experience in events and volunteer management
– Courteous, professional manners with volunteers and public
– Outgoing social personality to engage volunteers
– Ability to work and make decisions independently, and communicate clearly and effectively
– Ability to attend weekly meetings and various weekend events
– Must be punctual, trustworthy and reliable
– Must be willing to sign and abide by the FINNEGANS Code of Conduct
– Reliable computer and internet access
– Passion for giving back to the local community and for creating socially responsible companies