FINNEGANS is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Brewer role.
Read on to learn more about the position and how to apply.
FINNEGANS Assistant Brewer
FINNEGANS, an innovative social enterprise, is looking for a high energy, socially minded self-starter, to join our brewery production team April 2021.
FINNEGANS was the first beer company in the world to donate 100 percent of its profits to feeding the hungry. FINNEGANS’ mission is turning beer into food. We focus on funding fresh local produce for those in need. As leading MN beer brand, FINNEGANS has plans to create further impact not only MN but WI, ND and SD.
At FINNEGANS we are a small team of brewers who produce and create many different styles of beer from lagers, ales, seasonal favorites, Belgians and barrel age wild and sour ales. We have a taproom and a network of 20 plus distributors. Our production brewery is located in the Elliot Park neighborhood of downtown Minneapolis. The FINNEGANS House Brewery & Taproom has been in operation since 3/17/18. FINNEGANS has a 20 barrel brewhouse and nine fermenters ranging from 20 barrels to 90 barrels.
- Brewing: 1st & 2nd shift brewing, brewhouse CIP, milling, and other preparation of materials and vessels for production
- Packaging: Keg filling, bottling, canning, keg washing, record keeping
- Cellar Operations: Dry hopping, harvesting yeast, fermenter CIP, running the centrifuge
- General Cleaning Duties: Scrubbing floors, shining tanks, etc.
- Other Duties as needed.
Head Brewer and Production Manager
The preferred Candidate should possess:
- Previous brewing and cellar operations
- Understanding of brewing, fermentation, cellaring, yeast
- An aptitude for mechanical operations
- A great work ethic, time management and personal accountability
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail and adaptable to change
- Safely work with cleaning/sanitizing chemicals and in varying environment
- Ability to work in loud, cold/hot and wet environments
- A formal brewing education preferred but not required
This is a 10-20 hour a week job, a non-exempt position which will include occasional evening shifts. Health benefits are also available. Wages will be based on experience.
Must be able to repeatedly lift and maneuver 55 lbs to shoulder height and be able to repeatedly maneuver 165 lb kegs to pallet height.
FINNEGANS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion.
For those interested in the position please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org