FINNEGANS March Menu of Activities
February 23, 2015 2:10 pm
The month of March is always a special time for FINNEGANS – of course there is St. Patrick’s Day – the festive Irish holiday, but there are other important March activities that are near and dear to our heart here at FINNEGANS.
Firstly, March 2015 will mark the one year anniversary of our Reverse Food Truck. It was one year ago that we launch the world’s first ever ‘Reverse Food Truck’ where instead of selling food this food truck collects food. Our amazing ad agency Martin|Williams came up with this clever idea and we put it into motion without any idea of how it would all work. To our amazement, there was so much local, national and international media it took down our website. In honor of the RFT’s first Birthday I would like to share where the impact of what happens when a group of committed people take one creative idea and push it into action for the greater good.
• In 2014 the FINNEGANS RFT collected over $20K/lbs worth of food for those in need in Minnesota
• The FINNEGANS RFT has inspired organizations to start their own RFT which are now operating in Dallas, TX, Ottowa, Canada and one scheduled to open in Minot, ND by the end of 2015.
• The RFT concept is also being explored in Sacramento, New York and Memphis.
• Two generous FINNEGANS beer distributors; JJ Taylor of MN and Bernick’s have donated vehicles to support ‘Mini RFT’s; in their beer territories which will enable FINNEGANS to donate more food to more folks in need.
A HUGE thank you to all of our partners and volunteers that donated their time, energy and services to making the FINNEGANS RFT idea a reality: Martin|Williams, Luke from Stanley’s Northeast Barroom, Maaco-Lake Street, Chameleon Concessions, TMG & Weinhagen Tire and Auto Services.
Another important March activity for FINNEGANS is that this March we are partnering and donating all profits to the MN Foodshare for their March Campaign. Their March Campaign is the largest grassroots fund and food drive in Minnesota for more than 30 years. In 2014, MN FoodShare partnered with 300 food shelves statewide to raise more than $8 million and more than 4 million pounds of food during March. FINNEGANS is honored to be a MN FoodShare partner in 2015 and we hope that you will join us in raising food and funds for their March Campaign.
Here’s how you can support the cause:
• Purchase FINNEGANS beer for you March celebrations!
• Participate in one of FINNEGANS several pub crawls or pub parties throughout the Midwest region
• In Minnesota, donate food or $ to our Reverse Food Truck at upcoming events
• Spread the good word about FINNEGANS beer and the FINNEGANS mission
• Support all of our food bank partners:
With Food shelves around the country experiencing increasing demands for food it is going to take all of us to help support those in need. We are very thankful for everyone who has been supporting our brand and our mission of turning beer into food. We couldn’t do it without you!!
Wishing you a fabulously festive and safe St. Patrick’s Day season and meaningful March by supporting the alleviation of hunger in our communities.